Search This Blog

Monday, June 30, 2014

People are tripping over Dorian being gay... I'm just like can I have a black/hispanic character please.

So I've seen backlash over Dorian being gay. Is no secret Bioware is inclusive. .. on the sexual preference thing anyway. Mass Effect, Old Republic, Dragon age Origins.....all had a character that was bi or gay.

What Dragon Age lacked was the ability to make a true person of color for my character.  While Mass Effect perfected this,  the Dragon Age team must have been comprised of mostly white males who've never seen anything but a white female,  let alone biracial people.  It sucks having to spend extra time doing whatever to your character to make them appear brown.  I didn't have to work that hard on Mass Effect.  I shouldn't have to period.  It's 2014.. The world has been multicolored forever.  It's absolutely fantastic that Bioware is being all inclusive with sexual preferences, but can I get the same inclusiveness show when it comes to my skin color choices? Talk to the Mass Effect team if you need to.  The  days of targeting straight, white male gamers should long be over.  Lets have products that reflect that.

2 comments: